Reading Comprehension for Class 1: Enhance your child’s reading comprehension skills with fun and engaging reading passages for Class 1. Explore a variety of simple stories and questions to help them develop essential reading skills at an early age.
Reading Comprehension for Class 1
Here are five more simple reading comprehension passages and questions suitable for Class 1 students:
Reading Comprehension Passage 1:
Tom has a red ball. He likes to play with it in the park. What color is Tom’s ball?
Comprehension Question 1:
- What color is Tom’s ball?
Reading Comprehension Passage 2:
Sara has a blue kite. She flies it high in the sky. What does Sara have?
Comprehension Question 2:
- What does Sara have?
Reading Comprehension Passage 3:
The sun is big and yellow. It shines in the sky during the day. What color is the sun, and when does it shine?
Comprehension Question 3:
- What color is the sun?
- When does the sun shine?
Reading Comprehension Passage 4:
There are seven apples on the tree. Emily picks two apples. How many apples are left on the tree?
Comprehension Question 4:
- How many apples are left on the tree after Emily picks two?
Reading Comprehension Passage 5:
Mia has a green dress, and her favorite toy is a teddy bear. What color is Mia’s dress, and what is her favorite toy?
Comprehension Question 5:
- What color is Mia’s dress?
- What is Mia’s favorite toy?
Reading Comprehension Passage 6:
Sarah loves to read books. She reads a story about a princess and a dragon before bedtime. What does Sarah enjoy doing before bedtime?
Comprehension Question 6:
- What does Sarah enjoy doing before bedtime?
- Sarah enjoys reading a story about a princess and a dragon before bedtime.
Reading Comprehension Passage 7:
Tim and Lisa are playing with their toy cars in the park. Tim’s car is blue, and Lisa’s car is red. What color is Tim’s car, and what color is Lisa’s car?
Comprehension Question 7:
- What color is Tim’s car?
- What color is Lisa’s car?
- Tim’s car is blue.
- Lisa’s car is red.
Reading Comprehension Passage 8:
In the morning, the birds sing, and the sun rises in the sky. What do the birds do in the morning, and what happens to the sun?
Comprehension Question 8:
- What do the birds do in the morning?
- What happens to the sun in the morning?
- In the morning, the birds sing.
- In the morning, the sun rises in the sky.
Reading Comprehension Passage 9:
There are three little kittens. One is black, one is white, and one is brown. How many kittens are there, and what colors are they?
Comprehension Question 9:
- How many kittens are there?
- What colors are the kittens?
- There are three kittens.
- The kittens are black, white, and brown.
Reading Comprehension Passage 10:
Tom and his family go to the beach. They build sandcastles and collect seashells. Where do Tom and his family go, and what do they do at the beach?
Comprehension Question 10:
- Where do Tom and his family go?
- What do they do at the beach?
- Tom and his family go to the beach.
- They build sandcastles and collect seashells at the beach.
These short passages and questions are designed to help Class 1 students practice their reading comprehension skills by answering questions based on the information provided in the passages.